Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Tooth Fairy Doesn't Come Here

I do wish the Tooth Fairy would visit here and give me a hand.  Mom keeps losing her teeth...well, maybe losing is not the right word...her teeth keep disappearing and she claims to know nothing about it. 

Mind you, she does not brush her teeth.  Or wash her hands.  Or anything else.  The Home Health Aide and I force those actions.  Three times a week, the Aide comes and gives Mom a shower, shampoo, and tends to all those grooming needs.  The other four days, I do everything but the shower and the shampoo.  I do a sponge bath when needed and the hands, face, and oversee the toothbrush exercise.   She doesn't care if nothing is cleaned.  It is too much effort, and she can't see the usefulness of it. 

The dentist says the removable bridge is a perfect fit.  She seems not to be aware of it at all.   So why do I find it in the trash can, all wrapped in a tissue every so often?  She doesn't miss it and is not even aware of it being out of her mouth. 

I can't empty the trash without first checking to see if she has her teeth in. 

I wonder if there is a tooth-worthy super glue somewhere in Tooth Fairy land...it would sure come in handy!





No comments:

Post a Comment