Monday, April 23, 2012

The Bowl of Milk

It happened again today.  I went downstairs to the dining room and found Mom's place setting all arranged on the table:  placemat, knife, fork, spoon, napkin, glass, bread plate, soupbowl.  Nothing  really odd about that, except that she was nowhere to be seen, and the soupbowl was totally FULL of milk.  Milk.   Right to the brim.

This happened twice last week, but the bowl was a small, dessert-type bowl.   Both times, I just dumped the bowl and went about my day.   Today, I thought I might approach the mystery.

Since I was busy fixing lunch for the two of us, I left the bowl in place.  When she came down, I pointed it out and asked if she knew anything about it.   She didn't.  So I tried a different approach and asked if she had been wanting a bowl of cereal at midmorning.   She didn't. 

I suppose the muffin elf, who is still very busy here in the house, is thirsty but doesn't use a glass.

I think I am missing the message.  Where is Hercule Poirot when you need him?




No comments:

Post a Comment